JustFix.nyc seeks a full-time Operations Manager to join us on our mission to ensure safe & healthy homes for all working-class New Yorkers.
The JustFix.nyc Operations Manager must have a passion for making the organization an enjoyable and efficient place to work. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, they will be responsible for overseeing the development of our team and organization so that we can effectively contribute to the tenant organizing and housing for all movement. This role is an opportunity to create and implement the people and organization operations function for a fast growing organization. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who wants to take initiative on JustFix.nyc operations across recruiting, talent development, office management, and more.
Our organization co-designs data-driven tools for tenants, housing organizers, and legal advocates fighting displacement. By combining highly scalable web-based, mobile-friendly, and SMS tools and services with advanced housing data analysis, we aim to galvanize a 21st century tenant movement working for housing for all.
Read more about us: The New York Times | TechCrunch | New York Magazine | Fast Company | Business Insider | ABC 7 News | Forbes 30 Under 30
- Own full cycle recruitment process to grow the JustFix team
- Represent JustFix at external recruiting events to foster a talent pool that consists of the best-matched candidates
- Collaborate with executive leadership and Product, Program, and National team Directors to drive people-programs and talent strategy (performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee retention)
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures
- Oversee onboarding and offboarding processes for each staff member, contractor, and/or interns, and volunteers
- Develop and manage volunteer program
- Manage expense reports and budget monitoring/planning for the organization, obtaining and organizing all needed documentation (receipts, invoices, etc.) and timely payments to all employees and contractors
- Assist with financial reports for grant reporting
- Schedule, plan, and manage the logistics of external special events, and coordinate internal events
- Manage current office space, including inventory and office supplies, and search for next potential office space
- Manage office cleaning staff and improvements/updates to furniture/physical space
- Coordinate travel and lodging arrangements for staff when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communications skills
- 1-3 years experience in a People Operations or HR role
- Self-organization, efficiency, and ability to meet deadlines
- Curiosity, flexibility, and ability to learn quickly
- Motivated by our mission
- Desire to build something that makes an impact
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- NYC-based (this is not a remote position)
Nice to have:
- Interest in civic technology and co-design
- Passion for housing justice
- Excited to be in a larger social justice movement for housing for all
- Experience in a startup environment (either an actual startup, or an entrepreneurial situation within a larger organization)
- A personal connection that draws you to what we are building
Salary is $50,000-60,000 annually for 40 hours a week (full time, exempt) and includes full health/vision/dental insurance. Our plant-friendly office is based in Chinatown in Lower Manhattan.
JustFix.nyc is committed to equity and fostering a community that values diverse perspectives and experiences, particularly from those who we aim to serve. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from, or who have worked closely with, historically marginalized groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ people, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.